• Chartered Professional Accountant (Required)
• Controller Oil and Gas Accounting: 5 years (Preferred)
• Bachelor’s Degree (Preferred)
• Management: 2 years (Preferred)
Reporting to the VP Finance, this full-time position will lead the daily activities of the Finance Team, focusing on the preparation of the financial reporting package, project reporting and analysis, and completing various regulatory compliance reporting. This role involves working closely with Operational, HS&E and Land staff in the Calgary office.
The responsibilities of the Controller will include:
• Manage daily activities of accounting staff and production accounting staff
• Oversee full period-end close and financial analysis reporting for management reporting
• Oversee period-end account reconciliations & GL variance analysis
• Review and analyze project costs, spend to date, and variance analysis
• Oversee daily bank account reconciliations
• Maintain and enhance operational trend analysis & KPI metrics
• Review tax working paper preparation and sales tax reporting.
• Management of organizational accounting policies, procedures, and strategies
• Oversee and maintain the internal control framework
• Identify and implement process enhancements for finance and operational reporting processes
• Oversee payroll to ensure timely and accurate processing of payroll transactions
• Provide technical advice and recommendations on a variety of accounting, tax, and IT issues
• Provide continuous coaching and mentoring for the Finance Team
• Lead and participate in ad-hoc projects as required
• Accounting designation (CPA) and 5+ years of accounting and financial reporting in upstream oil and gas
• 3 to 5 years owning your role as a Controller, Accounting Manager or Assistant Controller
• Strong knowledge of accounting standards
• Experience and proficiency with using Qbyte, Open Invoice, Microsoft Office Suite, and Power BI
• Analytical at a detail and aggregate level
• Ability to create, grow and maintain relationships with internal departments and operational leaders
• Prior responsibility for full-cycle accounting, including reporting, project and trend analysis, and budgeting
• Willingness to be hands-on in all aspects of accounting
• Highly organized with excellent time-management and prioritization skills, able to handle peak workloads effectively
• Dental care
• Extended health care
• Vision care
• Health spending account
• Share-based financial incentive plan
HOW TO APPLY:
Please send resumes to our office manager firstname.lastname@example.org
or apply through the job link postings on LinkedIn.
Only successful candidates will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in this role with our company.
Please send all Third-Party requests to email@example.com
Copyright © 2022 Certus Oil & Gas – All Rights Reserved.
Website Design by Impact Computer Graphics & Printing Ltd.